Mar 3, 2011

Galliano and Dior.. this is the only way out? Really?

    It was just a matter of time before the flamboyant Galliano spoke about what happened and how he feels about it. The whole world freaked out and lost it. Galliano screwed up big time. Letting people film him while saying anti semitic things, saying anti semitic things in the first place is a pretty big no no. It's 2011, it's not acceptable, and the face of Dior is Natalie Portman, who is Jewish!!!!! This man obviously didn't give two shits about Dior or his career and reputation at this point. We need to remember that just because this guy was famous, a brilliant designer and  extremely flamboyant... this doesn't mean that he might not have episodes of complete insanity or be a real prick in person.

We were all very curious to see what would happen with Galliano's last collection for Dior..
well here it is...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Article from VOGUE.com

John Galliano Latest

Updated Wednesday 2 March 7.06pm: The John Galliano show has been cancelled due to the events of last week. Instead editors and buyers will be invited to view the new collection at a smaller scale presentation on Sunday, the news agency AFP reports.
Updated Wednesday 2 March 6.04pm: Sky News has announced that the Paris Prosecutors Office has decided to put Galliano on trial over his alleged racial insults. The proceedings could take place in the second quarter of the year. If found guilty the designer could face six months imprisonment or a €22,500 (£19,085) fine.
Updated Wednesday 2 March 5.03pm: John Galliano has just issued this statement regarding the events of the last week via his British legal team.
"Since the events of last Thursday evening I have not been able to make any public comment on what took place based upon advice from my French lawyer. However, given the continuing delays at the French Prosecutor's Office I should make my position clear.
I completely deny the claims made against me and have fully co-operated with the Police investigation.
A number of independent witnesses have given evidence and have told the Police that I was subjected to verbal harassment and an unprovoked assault when an individual tried to hit me with a chair having taken violent exception to my look and my clothing. For these reasons I have commenced proceedings for defamation and the threats made against me.
However, I fully accept that the accusations made against me have greatly shocked and upset people.
I must take responsibility for the circumstances in which I found myself and for allowing myself to be seen to be behaving in the worst possible light. I only have myself to blame and I know that I must face up to my own failures and that I must work hard to gain people's understanding and compassion. To start this process I am seeking help and all I can hope for in time is to address the personal failure which led to these circumstances and try and earn people's forgiveness.
I have fought my entire life against prejudice, intolerance and discrimination having been subjected to it myself. In all my work my inspiration has been to unite people of every race, creed, religion and sexuality by celebrating their cultural and ethnic diversity through fashion. That remains my guiding light.
Anti-Semitism and racism have no part in our society. I unreservedly apologize for my behavior in causing any offense."
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment